Friday, August 24, 2012

End of my Journey

I am sorry to report that I am getting off the trail. In the past several weeks I have had quite a bit of pain in my left ankle. (which was weak when I began) The only thing that has kept me going for the last few weeks is a steady dose of Ibprofen. Now my stomach has begun to bother me from eating too many of the pills. (10-12 per day). I felt is was better to stop now and finish at a later date as opposed to doing damage to my foot, and never finishing. I completed 1650 of the 2185 miles. I walked through 11 of the 14 states that the A.T. crosses. ( I have actually hiked approx. 70 miles of the AT in Vermont a few yrs. ago with Shellie) I hope to complete this journey one day with Shellie if she chooses to join me.( and put up with me).

 I have had an amazing time and met many interesting and fascinating people on my journey.I never thought that at my age I would ever get such a wonderful opportunity. And for this, I am eternally grateful to my family and friends that made such a trip possible.



I wish you all a lifetime of adventure and happiness !


                                                                      Tony  aka( Krispy)

No comments:

Post a Comment